History of Pelican Bay
Pelican Bay started as a small farming community about seventeen miles northwest of Fort Worth in the corner of Tarrant County. In 1970, Olen Yandell was a farmer with about 150 cows and 148 acres ready for development who dreamed of creating a “retirement” resort in his area that would be “a friendly place with nice people.” In pursuit of his dream, Yandell managed to sell a few lots, but before long he lost too much money and went bankrupt. In the next several years, Pelican Bay lots were auctioned off, a homeowner’s association was established, and the area was finally incorporated as a city in 1981. The town never became a resort, and it still isn’t big enough to boast a private Pelican Bay personal injury attorney or a large government, but it has taken its place as an important Texas town nonetheless.
Pelican Bay, Texas Today
Today, Pelican Bay is a sanctuary for Texans hoping to escape the big cities in the surrounding Tarrant County area. It boasts a beautiful city park with a playground, a swim beach along Eagle Mountain Lake, and a mix of manufactured and site-built homes. In 2018, the population was about 1,620 and most citizens worked either in construction jobs or food service and accommodation positions. The citizens of Pelican Bay are proud to live in a rural town full of the nice and friendly people that Olen Yandell imagined over 50 years ago.
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents Near Pelican Bay
Even in a little town like Pelican Bay, accidents are sure to happen. With the high percentage of construction and retail services in the area, slip and fall accidents are some of the most common that might occur. There are a few basic types of accidents to keep in mind when you’re considering slip and fall cases near Pelican Bay.
- Wet floors. These are the most common types of slip and fall accidents, which is why you’ll often see yellow wet floor signs in restaurants and businesses. They’re caused when someone slips on a spill or the damp spot left by a mop.
- Bad weather/snow/ice. If you’re right outside a business and you fall because of snow or ice on the ground, this is considered a slip and fall accident. Businesses have to provide salting or other services to minimize risk around their building.
- Uneven ground. This type of fall might be caused by loose floorboards, damaged stairs, misplaced mats, or even broken sidewalks and parking lots outside.
- Preventable clutter. If you trip over a cord, slip on trash, run into an open drawer or cabinet, or even fall because the lighting wasn’t good, you could claim this as a slip and fall accident.
- Neglect. This kind of fall usually takes place in a nursing home or other medical facility. If a resident is not properly cared for and falls as a result, this is considered a slip and fall accident eligible as a case in court.
Slip & Fall Lawyers Cost How Much?
For a slip and fall case, you will need to hire a personal injury attorney in Tarrant County, Texas. Your attorney will help you gather information and prove the liability of the business owner or workers who caused your accident to occur. They will take you through court proceedings and get you the settlement you deserve.
At the time of settlement, a slip and fall lawyer will take a percentage of your compensation to cover basic costs and fees. Often, this might be 25% to 40% of the total you receive. However, at Patterson Law Group, if we don’t win, you don’t pay! That means there will be NO cost to you until we get you fair compensation for your injuries.
How Much Is Slip & Fall Case Worth in Pelican Bay, Texas?
Slip and fall cases can be worth a lot in Texas. Ultimately, it depends on several factors, such as injuries, costs incurred for medical expenses or lost income, the length of the suit, and other variables. Because slip and fall cases often result in significant injuries like spinal cord or head injuries, medical costs are often quite expensive. There are several things you can account for when calculating how much a slip and fall case could be worth:
- Medical bills for treatments and medication.
- Any future medical costs you may incur if your injury is permanent.
- Loss of income from taking time off or leaving your job.
- Emotional and relational distress caused by the accident and ensuing circumstances.
While there is no exact number for how much a slip and fall case is worth, it is often quite high because of the injuries and costs involved. Your Pelican Bay, Texas slip and fall lawyer will help you determine how much your settlement might be worth through a free consultation.
Contact a Pelican Bay, Texas Slip & Fall Lawyer
Patterson Law Group is here for you. We know what it’s like to suffer pain and distress after a slip and fall accident. We don’t want to see you suffer alone; we want to help you get through it! Our goal is to see justice done for our clients every single time. If we don’t win, you don’t pay, because you don’t need that added stress in your life. If you’re looking to file a personal injury claim for a slip and fall injury, reach out to us. We will do everything we can to get you the compensation you deserve and help you get your life back on track.