Motorcycle accident claims are complex legal matters with very high stakes for the injured. If you or someone close to you has been hurt in a motorcycle crash in Texas, the law firm you choose to represent you can make all the difference when it comes to getting the favorable outcome you deserve.
At Patterson Law Group, our mission is to help people who have had their lives upended by the negligence and wrongdoing of others. Our Texas motorcycle accident attorneys are here to help you obtain justice and the compensation you need as you contend with serious injuries, stacks of medical bills, missed time from work, and other hardships.
Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists expose themselves to unique risks when they take to Texas roads, but this does not mean they lack the same rights as drivers of passenger vehicles. All too often, motorcycle accidents are the direct result of negligence and carelessness on the part of drivers of cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Leading causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Failure to yield: It’s a common excuse after a driver failed to see a motorcycle in the turning lane: “I just didn’t see it.” Drivers are responsible for paying attention to their surroundings, including watching out for smaller vehicles such as motorcycles.
- Abrupt lane changes: Another consequence of inattention is making lane changes without looking. A car can easily sideswipe a motorcycle in such a situation and push it off the road.
- Distracted driving: Texting while driving and other distracted behaviors can create a situation in which motorcyclists and anyone else on the road are at risk.
An experienced personal injury attorney knows how to identify the facts that point to negligence in motorcycle accident cases. If someone violated your rights on the road, we are here to make sure you are treated fairly in the legal system.
Motorcycle Crash Injuries Can Be Severe
Drivers and passengers in cars and trucks enjoy the protections of airbags, collision absorbing frames, and other safety features.
Motorcyclists, on the other hand, have only their helmet, protective gear, and instincts protecting them.
The injuries suffered by motorcyclists are often severe and life-threatening, and may include:
- Fractures and broken bones: These injuries are not only painful, but can result in prolonged impaired movement and even permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Road rash: This is an abrasion injury caused by prolonged friction between a person’s skin and a hard surface. In the context of a motorcycle accident, road rash is often the result of a motorcyclist being flung from his or her vehicle and sliding across the surface of a street or highway. Severe cases of road rash may require skin grafts and other intensive medical treatment.
- Head injuries: The full consequences of a traumatic head injury may appear right away or take weeks or even months to develop. Severe head injuries can result in nausea, vision loss, cognitive impairment, and other serious medical conditions.
- Spinal cord injuries: When a motorcyclist is flung from his or her bike, serious spinal cord fractures, herniated disks, and other injuries to the back and neck may result. These injuries can prove life-changing, resulting in impaired mobility, numbness, and even paralysis.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Texas, it is important that you obtain medical treatment as soon as possible. In many cases, the full extent of an injury is not apparent until revealed in a diagnostic test such as an X-ray or MRI.
With a thorough understanding of the injuries you have sustained, our Texas motorcycle accident attorneys can begin building a case that addresses all of the needs you face today and will continue to face in the future.
“Where Can I Turn for Legal Help?”
A motorcycle accident can turn your life upside down, leaving you with deep worries about your financial future and personal well-being. One thing you can do to put your mind at ease is to discuss your legal and financial prospects with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to handle the most complex motorcycle accident claims involving serious injuries and even wrongful death. We are a family-owned law firm that treats our clients like family. When you walk through our law office doors, we will provide you with the personal, attentive service you deserve.
We cannot guarantee results, but we can promise that we will provide you with the service and representation that has made us a leader in Texas personal injury law since 1995.