El Paso, Texas is one of the busiest cities in Texas. Home to one of the country’s largest military bases, the traffic around El Paso is never dull. Car accidents happen far more often than they should in the bustling El Paso area.
Many car accidents result in serious injuries for those involved. And many of them are caused by careless action on the part of one or more of the drivers. This is where car accident lawyers come into play.
If you’re injured in a car accident that isn’t your fault, you will want to hire a car accident lawyer to help you through it. You’ll need guidance on how to gather
evidence, how much compensation to claim, and how to negotiate a settlement. Your El Paso, Texas car accident lawyers at Patterson Law Group are here to help you find the answers you need to get the justice you deserve.
El Paso, Texas Car Accident Statistics
In El Paso, Texas, there were 12,483 car accidents in 2020. At least 66 fatalities resulted from those car accidents, while thousands of people were injured.
In El Paso County, where the city of El Paso sits, about 145 accidents were caused by speeding. And in the city, 574 crashes were caused by drunk drivers. Thousands have been injured or killed in the streets of the beautiful but dangerous city of El Paso. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help if you or a loved one has been injured in an El Paso car accident.
How Patterson Law Group Can Help After A Car Accident Near El Paso
At Patterson Law Group, our expert car accident lawyers seek justice for our clients. When people are in car accidents, they often find that the cost of repairs and medical treatment is overwhelming.
Patterson Law Group’s personal injury lawyers have over eight decades of combined experience fighting for the rights of car accident victims. We help our clients gather evidence relevant to the accident and determine the compensation they can claim.
Every lawyer at Patterson Law Group works with a passion to see you get the justice you deserve. We will do everything we can to help you get back on your feet, and we’ll see that you don’t go through this alone. We are here to help you with anything you need.
The At-Fault Driver Is Liable For Injuries And Damages In A Car Accident
Though it can be hard to prove, we know that the driver who caused the accident is liable to pay for the mistake they made and the harm it caused you. According to Texas law, a driver can and should be held responsible for an accident they caused.
The Most Common Types Of Car Accidents In El Paso, Texas
There are a few common types of car accidents that occur in El Paso, Texas, and similar areas. If you are in an accident near El Paso, it is likely the result of one of these types of incidents:
- Rear end accidents. Rear end car accidents are common. They usually occur if one car is following another too closely or if a car stops suddenly in front of another. Sometimes, these accidents are the result of failure to signal a turn or broken brake lights.
- Sideswipe accidents. Sideswipe accidents often occur when a car swerves out of their lane and swipes a vehicle in the lane beside them. They may be changing lanes or simply swerving.
- T-Bone accidents. T-Bone accidents usually occur in an intersection. They are often the result of a car turning in front of another car, or one vehicle failing to stop for a traffic light or stop sign. These accidents are very dangerous.
- Head-on collisions. Head-on collisions are usually caused when one car turns the wrong way on a one way street or drives in the wrong lane to pass another vehicle. They also frequently occur when drunk or distracted drivers swerve into the wrong lane.
- Rollover accidents. Rollover accidents often occur when a vehicle slips on icy roads, flips after a fast turn, or flips after impact with another vehicle or object. These accidents often cause very severe injuries.
After A Car Crash, Seek Medical Treatment For Any Injuries
The most important step you can take immediately following an El Paso car accident is to seek medical attention. Car crashes usually involve very serious injuries and you need to make sure you get professional treatment as quickly as possible.
In many car accidents, your injuries may not appear very severe at first. You may be in shock and not feel the pain that is sure to come later. It’s essential that you call an ambulance or go to a doctor right away.
Often, serious injuries show symptoms later, when your body has started to relax after the accident. No matter how you feel after a car accident, make sure that you seek medical treatment.
After seeking medical treatment, keep records of all the doctor’s reports and all costs you have to pay. These records will be strong evidence for your case as it moves forward.
Contact An Expert Car Accident Injury Lawyer At Patterson Law Group For A Free Case Evaluation
After seeking medical treatment, you may be at a loss for what to do next. Don’t worry–we can help! Call Patterson Law Group for a free case evaluation as soon as you can.
If your accident was not your fault, you will need help gathering evidence and making a strong argument for the compensation you deserve. Our expert lawyers at Patterson Law Group are eager to help you build the strong claim you need to win.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to your local El Paso personal injury lawyer Greg McCarthy for a free consultation by appointment only. Greg will answer all your personal injury questions. We are standing by!