Laredo, Texas is a big, beautiful, and fun city in Texas. Its thousands of residents enjoy spending time outdoors and digesting great Tex-Mex food. Within the city, there are many busy roads and many drivers going back and forth from work.
Unfortunately, car accidents happen frequently in Laredo, Texas. If you’ve been in a car accident, you may need help recovering from your accident and getting back on your feet. Reach out to Patterson Law Group’s car accident lawyer today.
Laredo, Texas Car Accident Statistics
Laredo was the site of 4,401 car accidents in 2020. With more than 11 crashes resulting in fatalities and close to 1,000 resulting in injury. Although many crashes occurred in clear or cloudy weather, at least 14,000 car accidents occurred in rainy conditions in Texas for the year.
As is common in America, most of those killed in Texas car accidents were between the ages of 19 and 30. Younger drivers tend to take more risks and travel more often at unsafe hours or in poor weather conditions, leading to more severe accidents.
How Patterson Law Group Can Help After A Car Accident
After a car accident, many things will need to be done as you move towards recovery. At Patterson Law Group, we aren’t just here to help you build a claim and seek compensation. We help support our clients as they negotiate the stress of life after a severe car accident.
We can help you find transportation to and from medical treatment if needed. We can help you negotiate with insurance companies and communicate with those who have evidence for your case. We will do all we can to support your recovery, physically and financially.
The At-Fault Driver Is Liable For Injuries And Damages In A Car Accident
It is often challenging to prove who the at-fault driver is. To do it, you’ll need plenty of evidence from eyewitnesses, photos or videos, and sometimes even expert witnesses such as accident reconstructionists.
Patterson Law Group lawyers can gather the evidence needed and prove who was at fault for the injuries and damages caused to you.
Common Types Of Car Accidents In Laredo, Texas
There are many types of car accidents that you may experience in Laredo, Texas. However, some types of accidents are more common than others. The most common types of accidents you might encounter include:
- Head-on accidents. Head-on accidents are caused by two cars hitting each other head-on, usually in the same lane. They often occur when one car tries to pass another in an unsafe zone or when someone swerves into the opposite lane.
- Rear-end accidents. Rear-endings are very common in Laredo. They often occur when one car makes a sudden turn, and the car behind them doesn’t notice or follows too closely to stop.
- Blindspot accidents. Many drivers may forget to check their blind spot before moving into another lane or turning off a road. Sometimes, these mistakes lead them to sideswipe a car in their blind spot and cause a crash.
- Intersection accidents. Drivers head through an intersection when it is unsafe. The most common type of intersection car accident is a T-bone accident, where one car runs into the side of another vehicle.
After A Car Crash, Seek Medical Treatment For Any Injuries
It’s essential to get medical treatment as soon as possible after a car crash. Remember that your health is the highest priority. If you are worried about paying your medical bills, we can help you find the resources and support you need from insurance or other areas. Once you’re in an accident, you should call an ambulance immediately. Then, you should continue to seek the treatment needed to recover.
Top 5 Most Common Injuries From A Car Accident
Car accidents can cause all kinds of injuries, but some are more common than others. Keep these injuries in mind after your accident to make sure that you get the treatment you need to heal from these or other injuries:
- Brain injuries. Concussions are common in most accidents, but more serious accidents can lead to more severe brain injuries.
- Neck injuries. Whiplash is one of the most common types of car accident injuries. More severe neck injuries include slipped discs or fractures.
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises. In serious accidents, you may suffer more profound and more severe cuts with severe bleeding.
- Chest injuries. Airbags are a common cause of chest injuries such as broken ribs. These types of injuries occur because of the pressure from an airbag.
Contact An Expert Car Accident Injury Lawyer At Patterson Law Group
If you are suffering from a car accident, don’t try to go through it alone. Even with all this information, you still may have many questions about recovering from a car accident and how to seek the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact our car accident lawyers at Patterson Law Group. We love helping our clients find support and healing through the law, and we will do everything in our power to seek justice for you. After your car accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a free consultation today!