Laredo, Texas is in a beautiful area of Texas with lots of motorcycle riders. Motorcycles are not uncommon in Laredo and surrounding areas, with over 35,000 motorcycles registered in Texas. Unfortunately, motorcycle riders are not immune to motorcycle accidents.
Motorcycle accidents are commonly caused by the negligence of other drivers who ignore motorcycles driving around them. Motorcycle riders are relatively unprotected compared to other drivers, which means their motorcycle accident injuries are often much more severe.
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident near Laredo, seek help from medical experts and a personal injury lawyer who can help you recover and get back to normal life as quickly as possible.
Best Type Of Lawyer For Motorcycle Accidents
After your accident, you may not be sure what to do or where to turn for help. Of course, you’ll need to seek out medical support to take care of your injuries. But where will you get help with paying all those medical bills piling up?
That’s where you need to reach out to a personal injury lawyer. Personal injury lawyers train to help victims of accidents who are struggling through serious injuries of various kinds. They know how to provide the guidance you need no matter how your injuries are caused.
After your accident, get in touch with a personal injury lawyer who can guide you through the process of recovering compensation for an accident that wasn’t your fault.
Do I Have A Personal Injury Claim For My Motorcycle Accident?
You may have a personal injury claim for your motorcycle accident if you meet a few criteria. You have to be able to prove that your accident wasn’t your fault and caused you a severe injury.
You have a personal injury claim if:
- You can prove that you didn’t cause your accident.
- You can prove that the person who caused your accident owed you a duty of care (that they should have taken all the measures of a reasonable person not to hurt you).
- You can prove that the person who caused your accident breached their duty of care.
- You can prove that the person’s breach of duty caused your accident.
- You can prove that the accident caused you serious injuries and other damages.
It’s not hard to prove the above with a bit of help from the police report, witness statements, and any photographic or video evidence from the accident scene. You must gather as much evidence as possible to make sure your lawyer can build a solid personal injury case.
How Much Is A Motorcycle Accident Worth Near Laredo, Texas?
There’s no exact amount that you can recover for a motorcycle accident near Laredo. By some estimates, the government of the United States spends nearly $16 billion per year on motorcycle accident costs.
IN Texas, the CDC reports that around $658 million is spent each year on motorcycle accidents. There’s no question that motorcycle accidents are expensive, both in medical costs and the cost of lost work time and personal pain and suffering.
In your accident, you can claim both economic and non-economic damages. Your personal injury lawyers will help you calculate the overall worth of the damages you suffered and thus the value of your motorcycle accident in Laredo.
Speak To A Laredo Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents Near Laredo, TX
Motorcycle accidents can happen at any time and anywhere. There are many reasons that they happen, but the most common reasons involve other drivers of larger motor vehicles. The most common reasons for motorcycle accidents near Laredo include:
- Lane change mistakes. Many drivers switch lanes suddenly, without looking in their blindspot or checking for upcoming motorcycles. This sudden movement can lead to serious collisions.
- Left turn accidents. Often, a driver will turn left in front of an oncoming motorcycle because they don’t notice it or think it is going slower than it is.
- Head on collisions. On long roads, especially highways, there are many cases of cars and motorcycles passing each other by switching into the opposite lane. But if an oncoming driver is going too quickly, a head on collision may be inevitable.
- Night accidents. A majority of all vehicle crashes in Texas occur during night hours when visibility is diminished, and drivers are more likely to be tired. Motorcycles are often missed in the dark.
These are a few of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents, but there are many more. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, no matter how it was caused, reach out to a personal injury lawyer for help pursuing your claim.
Types Of Damages That Can Be Collected After A Laredo Motorcycle Accident
After your Laredo motorcycle accident, you’ll be suffering from all kinds of damages. You’ll be in pain, suffering lost income, and struggling with unexpected personal losses. Everything you suffer can be included in damages in a Laredo motorcycle accident claim, including:
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional trauma.
- Loss of life enjoyment.
- Loss of consortium.
- Medical costs, both present, and future.
- Scarring or disfigurement.
- Property damage.
- Loss of wages.
- Loss of earning capacity.
It can be challenging to calculate the exact costs of all these damages, and some things are hard to count because they can’t be valued monetarily. You must seek guidance from a motorcycle accident attorney to evaluate your claim correctly.
Contact Patterson Law Group’s Top Laredo, TX Motorcycle Accident Attorney
At Patterson Law Group, our top motorcycle accident lawyers have decades of experience in supporting our clients through challenging accidents and helping them get the justice they deserve.
We will do everything to support you through the recovery process and get you back on your feet. After your Laredo motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to reach out for support and help from our lawyers. We are standing by for a free consultation! Get in touch with us today.