History of Watauga, Texas
Watauga, Texas, is a town with a unique and beautiful history. In the beginning, long before Watauga, personal injury lawyers were even a blip on the horizon, it was settled by Cherokee people who named it Watauga, or “village of many springs.” The crystal clear springs brought lush herbage and bountiful game to the area, making it the perfect spot for the Cherokees to settle. Years later, about 1843, adventurers from Tennessee entered the land and began to settle.
In 1867, the settlers built the first church, and ten years later, the Texas railroad established a depot in the Watauga area as a service stop for trains heading towards the nearby Fort Worth. It was in 1858 that Watauga officially became a town and began electing officials and establishing services. The next 100+ years saw unsteady growth based on the use of the depot.
Watauga, Texas Today
Today, Watauga is home to 24,000 folks who enjoy the country feel of a neighborly town near some of Texas’s biggest cities. Though only 11 miles from the DFW International Airport, Watauga has maintained a reputation for being a low-crime and community-focused town. Not only is the city near some of the best Tarrant County personal injury lawyers, but it is also proud to offer an award-winning library, stunning parks, and a fiercely competitive housing market.
Watauga is a family-based community, with a high population of middle-aged men and women with children. There are over 400 businesses in the town, providing the population with numerous chances for growth and economic development. The economy is expected to grow by 2%-5% over the next four years, and the government is focused on helping its people grow and thrive.
The Increasing Rate of Texas Car Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation website, “Texas has reached 20 years of daily deaths on the roadways.” In 2019, Texas saw 12,897 serious car accidents resulting in at least 15,843 people sustaining serious injuries. Car accidents are growing ever more common in the state of Texas, and Tarrant County is no exception. In this county alone, there were a suspected 32,389 crashes in 2019 — about 881 of those resulted in serious injuries.
If you or your loved ones have been injured in an accident, you are not alone. Many of these accidents are caused by carelessness. In 2019, over 1,000 car accidents caused by use of mobile devices, over 4,000 were caused by fatigue of people falling
asleep at the wheel, and over 6,000 were caused by the influence of drugs or alcohol. When drivers cause accidents carelessly, it’s important to reach out to a Watauga personal injury lawyer who can help you determine what rights you can pursue to reclaim your life in the wake of a crash.
What To Do and What Not To Do Following an Accident in Watauga, Texas
It’s frightening to be involved in an accident. Shocking experiences sometimes make it hard for us to think straight about what we should and shouldn’t do. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re in an accident in Texas.
If you can follow these steps, you will have the best chance of success if you decide to pursue a claim with a personal injury lawyer in Watauga.
- DO Call an ambulance
- DO Call the police
- DO Exchange information with others involved and witnesses
- DO Take photos of injuries and car damage
- DO Reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Tarrant County
- DON’T leave the scene without receiving necessary medical treatment
- DON’T panic
- DON’T forget to maintain records of injuries and damages
Immediately after an accident, you’ll have lots of bills to pay for medical treatment and damage to your car. Don’t worry! If you reach out to a personal injury lawyer, you can get the help you need to make sure that you regain as much of that money as possible.
Contact A Watauga, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near You
Claiming Damages for Car Accidents
It’s very probable that the car accident wasn’t your fault. If so, it isn’t fair that you should have to pay for all the damage that ensued from the experience. If you can prove that the other party in the crash was negligent, you can recover expenses for the damages caused. However, there are several steps to pursuing a successful claim after an accident.
Here are the things you should keep in mind.
- Hold on to your records. If you contact a personal injury lawyer, they’ll need to see records of everything that has caused you suffering since the accident. This may include medical records, car repair bills, and proof of time off work and lost wages.
- Know the damage. In addition to records, you’ll want to be able to clearly articulate what damage has been caused because of the accident. Several injuries can be caused by car crashes, including whiplash, neck and back damage, brain damage, broken bones, and in severe cases, paralysis or amputation. Some of these are less obvious than others and could be caused by other factors, so it’s important that you can explain how the accident caused them.
- Contact a lawyer. Your best bet at getting everything you need is contacting a professional who knows how to help you. In Texas, the statute of limitations is two years, meaning you only have two years to file a claim after an accident. There’s no need to wait! Get in touch as soon as you can to see your case succeed.
Seek a Personal Injury Lawyer With Years of Experience
At Patterson Law Group, our goal is to help you. We want justice for our clients, no matter what they’re facing. We will do our best to settle your claim quickly, in many cases without even filing suit and beginning a long court case. No matter what, we make a commitment to providing you with the professional support you need.
For years, the lawyers on our team have been working within Texas statutes to help our clients succeed. We know the laws and handle the insurance companies so you don’t have to. If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Tarrant County or Watauga and need help with your claim, get in touch with us today to hear how we can help.
Contact A Watauga, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near You