The Texas Department of Transportation reports that there are nearly 420,000 motorcycles registered in Texas, with the numbers growing fast. With the warm weather and beautiful scenery surrounding Lubbock, Texas, it’s no surprise that thousands of motorcycles ride its roads every year. Unfortunately, wherever you have motorcycles, you’re going to see motorcycle accidents.
Motorcycle accidents are common in the United States, accounting for over 5,000 deaths each year. If you or your loved one has been involved in a severe motorcycle accident, you are not alone. Reach out to an expert Lubbock motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as you can for help recovering from your accident.
Best Type Of Lawyers For Motorcycle Accidents
Personal injury lawyers are the best lawyers for handling motorcycle accidents. Many of those involved in motorcycle accidents suffer severe injuries and damage to their motorcycle and other property.
When you’re struggling to recover from a motorcycle accident, the best thing you can do is seek help from a personal injury lawyer. Personal injury lawyers are trained to help victims of accidents find support during the days after their accident.
Personal injury lawyers deal with evaluating how much your injuries cost you. While the pain may feel inestimable, lawyers will know how to calculate just how much your case is worth so that you can get a fair settlement to help pay for your medical and other expenses.
Do I Have A Personal Injury Claim For My Motorcycle Accident?
There are a few things that personal injury lawyers take into account when determining whether you have a personal injury claim. In Texas, one basic rule covers you: if you are less than 51% responsible for the accident, you can make a claim to recover compensation.
Here is how you know you have a personal injury claim:
- The accident was not your fault. You have to prove that the other party in the accident acted negligently and was primarily responsible for the accident.
- The other party had a duty to you. On the road, every driver has a duty to other drivers not to cause any danger or harm that a reasonable person wouldn’t cause.
- The other party failed in their duty. You need to prove the other party acted negligently in a way that led to your accident.
- The other party’s negligence hurt you. You have to prove that your injury would not have occurred if the other party had not acted negligently.
- The injuries you suffered caused you serious harm. You must prove that you suffered an unreasonable amount of harm and burden because of your injuries.
If you can prove the above, you have a personal injury claim. Then all that’s left is gathering evidence of the damages you have suffered so your lawyers can build you a strong case and get you the compensation you deserve.
How Much Is A Motorcycle Accident Case Worth Near Lubbock, Texas?
While most motorcycle accidents are worth quite a lot, the exact amount will differ considerably depending on the circumstances of the case. When determining the worth of an accident, your lawyer will take into account the damages you suffered and how much of the accident was your fault.
Many motorcycle accidents settle for very high amounts. The top motorcycle accident in Texas in 2020 settled for $125,356, while the top motorcycle accident in the United States that same year settled for $375,263,109.
Depending on how severe your injuries are and how negligently the responsible party acted, you could see a very high settlement in your motorcycle accident case.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents Near Lubbock, TX
Every motorcycle accident is different, but certain causes most often lead to motorcycle accidents in and near Lubbock. A few of the most common causes include:
- Unsafe lane changes. Many drivers forget to check their blind spots when switching lanes and miss motorcycles coming up behind them.
- Unsafe left turns. In many cases, a turning car will misjudge the speed and distance of a motorcycle coming towards them, causing the motorcycle to hit them when they’re turning.
- Open doors. On crowded roadways, drivers may open their doors when a motorcycle is driving towards them, causing the motorcyclist to hit them and crash.
- Dangerous roads. Motorcycles are small vehicles, so debris, potholes, cracks, and bumps on the road can easily cause them to veer out of control.
- Speeding. Speeding is one of the top causes of any kind of accident because speeding drivers or motorcyclists lose some of their ability to stop or avoid others on the road.
These are only a few of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents. Many other situations cause motorcycle accidents on busy Texas roadways.
Call A Lubbock Personal Injury Lawyer
Types Of Damages That Can Be Collected After A Lubbock Motorcycle Accident
In a typical motorcycle accident claim, there are a few main types of damages you can claim. These damages will fall under one of two categories: economic or non-economic. These damages include:
- Medical expenses, both present, and future, for injuries related to the accident.
- Property damage repair costs for your motorcycle or other damaged property.
- Lost income from the time you took off work to recover from your injuries.
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries keep you from your job in the future.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress.
- Loss of life enjoyment.
- Loss of consortium (relationship with your partner).
You can collect some compensation for any of these damages after a Lubbock motorcycle accident. All you need to do is gather records of your economic expenses and losses and make written statements about the non-economic losses you’ve suffered.
Contact Patterson Law Groups Top Lubbock, Tx Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Lubbock, Texas, you should seek help immediately. You only have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim against those who hurt you. While many things in life are uncertain, you can be sure the insurance company for the other party will have professionals working for them. You’ll need someone fighting for your rights.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys at Patterson Law Group will help you pursue your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible. We have decades of experience supporting victims like you through the process of a personal injury claim and recovery.
If you have questions about your claim and want to get started on the road to recovery, don’t hesitate to reach out to us now for a free consultation. We are standing by!