History of Colleyville, Texas
The rural town of Colleyville began as a settlement of farmers between Big Bear Creek and Little Bear Creek in Tarrant County, Texas. Communities centered in Bransford, Pleasant Glade, and Pleasant Run made up the area with stores, schools, and churches from the 1850s through the 1880s. In 1880, Dr. Lilburn Howard Colley moved to Texas, soon settling in the Bransford area and becoming the most prominent doctor around. Over the next several years, the area saw a decline as the automobile began to rise in prominence and take the place of the train for transportation. Finally, the small communities disappeared or combined and were incorporated as Colleyville in 1956. The town has seen extensive growth in the last 60+ years and is now closely connected with the nearby Fort Worth, Texas.
Colleyville, Texas Today
Today, Colleyville remains a relatively small town in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. As of 2020, the Colleyvilles’ total population was about 25,700. Colleyville is home to 12 award-winning parks and greenbelts, a full-service public library, and a beautiful Colleyville Center perfect for hosting weddings, socials, or business events. The city is a top spot for enjoying Texas nature while near to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
However, at only 5 miles from the DFW airport, 14 miles from Fort Worth, and 22 miles from Dallas, the daily miles traveled by vehicle in the area come to about 46,939,186. With the 1,664,924 vehicles registered in Tarrant County records, there’s a great need for good personal injury lawyers in the Colleyville, Texas area.
Types of Car Accident Injuries in Colleyville, Texas
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2019, Tarrant County residents were in about 757 accidents involving serious injuries and 7,774 crashes with possible injuries. Over the course of the year, there were at least 32,389 accidents overall. These statistics show that even in a small place like Colleyville, driving can be a dangerous act.
- Whiplash–the sudden, uncontrolled movement of the neck and head after a collision can cause serious pain, swelling, and damage from whiplash.
- Concussion–the severity of concussions varies from crash to crash, but some can be serious enough to leave a person in a coma or worse.
- Spinal injuries—spinal injuries makes movement difficult and can cause temporary or terminal paralysis.
- Internal bleeding or heart attacks–if pressure is severe on your body, bones may pierce your organs and cause bleeding. If you have a weak heart, you may also suffer a heart attack from the extreme stress of the accident.
- Torn muscles, breaks, and heavy bruising are also common but less severe injuries.
If you have suffered in a crash and are dealing with any of these or other similar injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. You should get in touch with a personal injury lawyer in the Fort Worth area to see what your options are.
Contact A Colleyville, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near You
Proving Fault in Personal Injury Claims in Texas
Depending on the circumstances, it can be difficult to prove who is at fault in a personal injury claim resulting from a car accident. However, there are some things that can make it easier.
The first important step for determining fault is for you to make sure that you have paperwork to help prove what happened. This generally includes police reports and witness statements. It’s a good idea to make sure these are recorded at the time of the accident and that you have contact information for the witnesses so you can get in touch with them if necessary.
Certain accidents are easier to prove than others. For example, if your car was rear-ended, it is the other party’s fault. If you were turning left and another car going straight hit you or if the other driver was intoxicated, it should be simple to prove the fault of the other driver. Keep in mind that anyone investigating the cause of the accident must take into account any negligence on your part. Generally, you will be assigned a percentage of fault if the case is not as clear-cut as those mentioned above.
Building a Strong Personal Injury Case in Texas
Getting in touch with a personal injury lawyer in Colleyville is an important step in building your personal injury case. However, there are some things you should do before getting in touch to ensure that your case is off to a good start. Many of these things start right at the scene of the accident. While there, you should:
- Call an ambulance and seek medical attention. If you were injured, you will need records proving the extent of the damage and how the accident caused it. Your case will be much stronger if the injuries are linked directly to the day of the collision.
- Call the police and get an accident report. Official reports go a long way towards ensuring that your insurance adjustor and lawyers can determine who is at fault and how much compensation you deserve.
- Get insurance information from other drivers. Personal injury lawyers work closely with insurance companies to help you reach the best settlement in your case.
- Get the contact information for other drivers and witnesses. Once you start a case, you will need information from the witnesses and other drivers about what they saw happen. You may need to call them to testify if your case is not settled out of court.
- Keep medical records and bills. Any expenses that you incurred from the accident should be given to your lawyer. These might be medical bills, repair bills for your vehicle, or proof of lost wages if you are unable to return to work for some time.
Get Great Representation With a Patterson Law Group Attorney
At Patterson Law Group, we are devoted to our clients. Our passion is seeing justice done, no matter the cost to us. If we don’t win your case, you don’t have to pay us anything because our goal is to help you recover your life after your injuries. If you’ve been involved in a car accident near Colleyville, Texas, reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer today to get started on rebuilding your life.
Contact A Colleyville, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near You