Drivers are faced with many obstacles on the road, but sometimes the most dangerous obstacles are found inside the vehicle. According toTxDOT, nearly 1 in 5 traffic crashes in Texas is caused by a distracted driver. These crashes are even more catastrophic when trucks are involved. And Texas has the most fatal truck crashes in the U.S.
The good news is that with increased education and enforcement, we can prevent many of these devastating accidents. That’s why we’ve created this #ArriveAliveTX Distracted Driving Scholarship.
While these statistics are troubling, we are confident that people not only care about this issue, but have ideas to help. The winner will be awarded $2,108, which is the average number of distracted-driving related crashes every week in Texas (per TxDOT estimate of 109,658 per year).
#ArriveAliveTX Distracted Driving Scholarship Overview
Patterson Law Group is looking for students to use their creativity to create & share ways to reduce the number of truck accidents due to distracted driving in Texas. Submissions can be in the following forms:
- Video or other multimedia
- Written (like a poem). Not to exceed 3 paragraphs.
- Photo or Graphic (including a viral Facebook post or mock-up of a billboard).
Then post your submission on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #ArriveAliveTXScholarship (must be public) and tag @pattersonlawgroup.
We encourage applicants to get creative! We are excited to provide this opportunity to students, and look forward to reviewing the campaign proposals.
A few notes:
- Photos must NOT depict gruesome and/or identifiable car crashes.
- Photos must NOT show branding of any automakers.
- Photos must NOT be taken inside vehicles (whether you’re driving or not).
- Multiple entries accepted.
- Posts/entries must be publicly viewable using the hashtag #ArriveAliveTXScholarship and @pattersonlawgroup must be tagged.
- Optional: Follow @pattersonlawgroup on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Eligibility & Requirements
- The scholarship is to be used only for university or law school tuition and related educational expenses.
- A check for $2,108 will be issued directly to the recipient’s school to cover these expenses.
- The winner will be notified by June 30, 2018.
- By accepting the scholarship, the winner agrees to allow Patterson Law Group to use the content of the submission, the recipient’s name, the name of the university or law school, and/or picture(s) of any of the above on the firm’s websites and other marketing materials.
Patterson Law Group encourages applicants to be very careful when creating their submissions and expressly disclaims any responsibility for injury.