Drivers are faced with many obstacles on the road, but sometimes the most dangerous obstacles are found inside the vehicle. Distracted driving is a serious concern in our country, and Patterson Law Group is committed to combating it.
According to TxDOT, nearly 1 in 5 traffic crashes in Texas is caused by a distracted driver. The good news is that with increased education and enforcement, we can prevent many of these devastating accidents. Together with TxDOT, we urge drivers to refrain from:
- Texting or checking email
- Eating or drinking
- Programming on-board electronics, including GPS
While these statistics are troubling, we are confident that people not only care about this issue, but have ideas to help. Because car accidents are the leading cause of death for teens, the Patterson Law Group is excited to announce a new scholarship opportunity for students. The winner will be awarded $1,939, which is the average number of distracted-driving related crashes every week in Texas (per TxDOT estimate of 100,825 per year).
#ArriveAliveTX Distracted Driving Scholarship Overview
Patterson Law Group is looking for motivated and passionate students to create a realistic distracted driving awareness campaign to reduce the number of accidents in the state of Texas and to make our roads safer for Texas families. The recipient will be awarded a $1,939 financial aid scholarship to go toward the expenses of his or her education. Proposed campaigns must include specific ways to better educate the public about the dangers of, and detailed steps to put an end to distracted driving. We encourage applicants to get creative and to keep in mind the audience targeted by distracted driving awareness campaigns. We are excited to provide this opportunity to students, and look forward to reviewing the campaign proposals!
If you or your student meets the eligibility requirements listed below and are interested, please complete the application form to the right to apply for the Patterson Law Group #ArriveAliveTX Scholarship. See scholarship details below:
Eligibility & Requirements
To apply, candidates must submit the following by July 31, 2017 to email@example.com:
- This completed application
- A 1-2 page typed essay setting forth specific ways to better educate the public & detailed steps to end distracted driving.
- An official copy of the student’s current transcript. Candidates must be current full-time students, entering or attending a university or law school with a GPA of at least a 3.0.
- The scholarship is to be used only for university or law school tuition and related educational expenses.
- A check for $1,939 will be issued directly to the recipient’s school to cover these expenses.
- The winner will be notified by August 15, 2017.
- By accepting the scholarship, the winner agrees to allow Patterson Law Group to use the content of the submission, the recipient’s name, the name of the university or law school, and/or picture(s) of any of the above on the firm’s websites and other marketing materials.