History of Trophy Club, Texas
The story of Trophy Club, Texas, is a story of resilience and passion. In 1847, a group of settlers landed near Elizabeth Creek, Texas, and began to build. Unfortunately, they were beset by flooding issues, forcing them to move up to the higher ground. That shift led them to the area that is now Trophy Club, located in Tarrant County, Texas.
In 1881, the railroad laid track near the area, bringing growth and expansion to the small community. In the 1970s, lawyer John McMackin planted a golf course and clubhouse in the area. After that, the area quickly developed, becoming a home for golf, parks, and luxury. By the early 2000s, Trophy Club had become a strong community complete with schools, tennis courts, and swimming pools.
Trophy Club, Texas Today
Today, Trophy Club is the perfect rural home for business professionals and other hard-working individuals in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Nestled between the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport and the Fort Worth Alliance Airport, the population of around 12,000 is devoted to drawing in new businesses that want to develop in the area.
In daytime hours, the busy destination population rises to around 21,000, all people who love to work hard and play harder. The town of Trophy Club is one where people of all professions can thrive.
Fatal Car Accident Facts in Texas
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 2020 marks 20 years of daily deaths on Texas roadways. Tarrant County records report at least 167 deaths in fatal car accidents in 2019. In Texas, at least one person was killed in an accident every 2 hours and 26 minutes. 886, or 25% of those people were killed by a driver under the influence of alcohol, 337 were killed by distracted drivers.
The Dallas-Fort Worth area is a busy one. With people driving to and from the airports or entertainment sources nearby, it’s easy to get lost in the traffic. Many people have suffered and died because of carelessness in the last several years. If you have suffered injury from a car or truck accident in or near Trophy Club, Texas, you are not alone. If you reach out to a Trophy Club personal injury lawyer, you can get the help you need to deal with your personal injury case.
Common Causes and Injuries From Car Accidents in Texas
Three of the most common causes of accidents are impaired driving (usually drugs or alcohol), speeding, and distracted driving. By data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Texas saw 1,392 fatalities from crashes caused by impaired drivers in 2019. At least 64 fatalities occurred in accidents caused by speeding. In the United States, overall, at least 2.841 lives were claimed by distracted drivers in 2018. Regardless of how careful you are, there is always the chance that someone else will be driving without proper care and cause an accident.
When you are involved in an accident, you will probably suffer some kind of injury. Some of the most common injuries are:
- Spinal injury–the shock and pressure of a wreck can cause your body to snap unnaturally, causing serious injury or paralysis.
- Concussion–heads are unprotected in a collision, leading to serious injury and sometimes even comas.
- Whiplash–a sudden jerking movement to the neck will often cause soreness or tears in neck muscles.
- Broken bones–broken ribs are common from the impact of airbags, while other broken bones arise from a variety of causes.
- Internal bleeding–when bones and ribs break, they often rupture internal organs and cause severe bleeding.
Contact A Trophy Club, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near You
First Crucial Steps to Take Following a Car Accident in Texas
After you’ve been involved in a car accident in Trophy Club, Texas, you’ll want to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer. These lawyers are trained to deal with insurance companies, other lawyers, and police departments to help you negotiate the compensation you deserve from an accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
To get the best help, there are a few steps you’ll want to take following a car accident to ensure you have everything your lawyers may need.
- Call an ambulance and seek medical attention. To have sure evidence that an accident caused you serious or disruptive injury, you’ll need the quick appraisal of a medical professional. You’ll also want to make sure that you haven’t suffered injuries that aren’t immediately apparent, which can sometimes happen if your pain is dulled because of shock or other factors.
- Call the police and get an official report. Your personal injury lawyers will want to look at this report for relevant information about what happened and when.
- Get insurance information from other parties. To get a good settlement, your lawyer will need to work with your insurance company and that of the party involved in the accident with you.
- Get the contact information of witnesses. You will need witness statements to prove fault in a personal injury claim. This will come in especially handy if you end up having to go to Tarrant County court.
- Keep bills and records. To determine how much you’ve lost and what you deserve as compensation, you’ll need to keep records of your injuries and costs related to medical treatments, vehicle repairs, and lost income. Your lawyer will use these to prove how much the accident has cost you in your life and how much you deserve to be compensated for.
Once you’ve collected these items, get in touch with a personal injury attorney near Trophy Club, Texas, and get the help you need to negotiate for the amount you deserve.
A Dedicated Legal Team From Patterson Law Group Is Ready To Fight Your Case
If you have suffered as a result of a car accident in Texas, you need a good lawyer. Patterson Law Group is passionate about seeing justice for every client. We will work hard to make sure you get everything you need to get your life back on track, and if we don’t win your case, you don’t pay us money. It’s as simple as that. If you’re ready to get the help you need, get in touch with us today for a free case review.
Contact A Trophy Club, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near You