Tennessee Walker brings the invaluable insight and perspective of a defense attorney to his role as a Plaintiff’s trial lawyer. Tennessee is a former Shareholder at Harris, Finley & Bogle, P.C., one of the finest commercial law firms in the DFW area. After spending eight years defending businesses and individuals in a wide variety of disputes, Tennessee joined Patterson Law Group to apply his craft in a different way—to fight for people who have been injured. His ability to think like a defense attorney allows him to better serve his clients.
Tennessee was raised on a ranch in tiny Tehuacana, Texas. His father is a horse trainer and his mother is a dental assistant. Tennessee learned the need for, and meaning of, hard work at an early age, and he prides himself on the work ethic instilled in him by his parents. Today, he uses that work ethic to tirelessly fight for his clients. Tennessee continually strives to achieve justice for the injured—a truly worthy cause.
In addition to fighting for his clients, Tennessee actively serves the local and state bar associations. He is a past President of the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association; a Texas Bar Foundation Fellow; a Tarrant County Bar Foundation Fellow; a Tarrant County Bar Association Board Member; and a member of the State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee on Negligence.
Tennessee has a passion for serving the Fort Worth community. He is most proud of (and passionate about) his service with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Tennessee is a board member and has served as a Big Brother since 2011.
Tennessee’s legal skills and devoted community and bar service has not gone unrecognized. Tennessee was recently named the 2017-2018 Tarrant County Outstanding Young Lawyer, and voted as a Top 100 Up-and-Coming lawyer in the State of Texas by Super Lawyers Magazine. Tennessee was named to the Fort Worth Business Press 40 Under 40 list in 2013; has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyer’s Magazine since 2014; a Top Attorney by FWTX Magazine since 2010; and a 360 West Magazine Top Personal Injury Attorney since 2016. In perhaps his proudest accomplishment, Tennessee was named Big Brother of the Year in 2014 by Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star.
Tennessee’s wife Lauren is a small animal veterinarian and accomplished marathon runner. The couple met at Texas A&M. Tennessee and Lauren have two sons, Renner and Cooper. When not working, Tennessee and Lauren spend most of their time trying to keep up with their boys. Tennessee also enjoys riding and showing cutting horses and makes a little time to play golf and follow Texas A&M athletics.
- Baylor Law School (J.D. 2008, University Honors)
- Texas A&M University (B.B.A. Business Management 2004, University Honors)
Honors and Awards
- Tarrant County Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2017-2018
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers magazine, Thomson Reuters publication, 2014 – Present
- Top 100 Up-And-Coming Texas Attorneys, Super Lawyers magazine, 2017
- Forty Under Forty, Fort Worth Business Press, 2013
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2010 – Present
- Top Attorney, 360 West magazine, 2016 – Present
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation Fellow
Involved in the Community:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters; Tarrant County Board of Directors (2013-Present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters; Big Brother (2012-Present; 2014 Big Brother of the Year)
- Leadership Fort Worth; Board of Directors (2013-2017)
- Fort Worth/Tarrant County A&M Club; Board of Directors (2014-2015)
- State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee, Negligence (2017 – Present)
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Board of Directions (2017 – Present)
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, President (2017)
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association; Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- Tarrant County Bar Association Big Brothers Big Sisters Committee; Chair (2013)
- Tarrant County Bar Association Big Brothers Big Sisters Committee; Vice Chair (2014)
- Tarrant County Bar Association Election Committee; Chair (2015-2016)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit