Tennessee Walker is able to lean into his experience as a defense attorney to bring valuable insights and perspectives to his role as a Plaintiff’s trial lawyer. Previously a Shareholder at Harris, Finley & Bogle, P.C., one of the top commercial law firms in the DFW area, Tennessee spent eight years defending businesses and individuals across a wide range of disputes. In 2016, he joined Patterson Law Group to apply his skills in a new way, advocating for people who have been injured. Drawing on his defense attorney background, Tennessee offers a comprehensive outlook on cases, enabling him to provide exceptional service to his personal injury clients. As Partner and Head of Litigation at Patterson Law Group, Tennessee’s been instrumental in establishing and upholding our team’s commitment to legal excellence and client satisfaction.
Tennessee was raised on a ranch in tiny Tehuacana, Texas. His father is a horse trainer and his mother is a dental assistant. Tennessee learned the need for, and meaning of, hard work at an early age, and he prides himself on the work ethic instilled in him by his parents. Today, he uses that work ethic to tirelessly fight for his clients. Tennessee continually strives to achieve justice for the injured—a truly worthy cause.
In addition to fighting for his clients, Tennessee actively serves the local and state bar associations. He is a past President of the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association; a Texas Bar Foundation Fellow; a Tarrant County Bar Foundation Fellow; a member of the State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee on Negligence, and a Tarrant County Trial Lawyer’s Association Board Member.
Tennessee calls Fort Worth home and has a passion for serving the Fort Worth community. He is most proud of (and passionate about) his service with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Tennessee is a board member and has served as a Big Brother since 2011. Tennessee also mentors future generations of lawyers in his role as an adjunct professor with Texas A&M Law School. Most recently, Tennessee advocated for and taught the school’s first-ever personal injury law class along with fellow PLG partner, Travis Patterson. The two developed a unique curriculum rooted in practical skills and lessons, with the goal being to prepare each law student to walk away from class with a solid understanding of personal injury law and the real-world guidance needed to build a successful law firm.
Tennessee’s legal skills and devoted community and bar service have not gone unrecognized. He was recently appointed for his second term on the Pattern Jury Charges – General Negligence Committee Member by the State Bar of Texas.
Some of Tennessee’s other accolades include being named the Tarrant County Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2017-2018, and being voted as a Top 100 Up-and-Coming lawyer in Texas by Super Lawyers Magazine. Tennessee was named to the Fort Worth Business Press 40 Under 40 class of 2013; was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine 2014-2022; a Top Attorney by FWTX Magazine since 2010; and a 360 West Magazine Top Personal Injury Attorney since 2016. In perhaps his proudest accomplishment, Tennessee was named Big Brother of the Year in 2014 by Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star.
Tennessee’s wife Lauren is a small animal veterinarian and accomplished marathon runner. The couple met at Texas A&M. Tennessee and Lauren have two sons, Renner and Cooper, and a daughter, Collins. When not working, Tennessee and Lauren spend most of their time trying to keep up with their kids’ busy sports schedules. Tennessee also enjoys riding and showing cutting horses and makes a little time to play golf and follow Texas A&M athletics.
- Baylor Law School - (J.D. 2008, University Honors)
- Texas A&M University - (B.B.A. Business Management 2004, University Honors)
Honors and Awards
- Adjunct Professor, Texas A&M Law School (2020-Present)
- Pattern Jury Charges – General Negligence Committee Member, State Bar of Texas (2018-Present)
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, Thomson Reuters publication (2014-2023)
- Tarrant County Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2017-2018
- Top 100 Up-And-Coming Texas Attorneys, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017
- Forty Under Forty, Fort Worth Business Press, 2013
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2010 – Present
- Top Attorney, 360 West Magazine, 2016 – Present
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation Fellow
- Big Brothers Big Sisters; Tarrant County Board of Directors (2013-Present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters; Big Brother (2012-Present; 2014 Big Brother of the Year)
- Leadership Fort Worth; Board of Directors (2013-2017)
- Fort Worth/Tarrant County A&M Club; Board of Directors (2014-2015)
- State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee, Negligence (2017 – Present)
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Board of Directions (2017 – Present)
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, President (2017)
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association; Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- Tarrant County Bar Association Big Brothers Big Sisters Committee; Chair (2013)
- Tarrant County Bar Association Big Brothers Big Sisters Committee; Vice Chair (2014)
- Tarrant County Bar Association Election Committee; Chair (2015-2016)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit