Travis Patterson is a trial lawyer. Travis became a lawyer to help people who are hurting because somebody else was sloppy, distracted, drunk, or just plain ol’ greedy; people who are being taken advantage of by big businesses and big insurance companies.
Travis represents individuals who are dealing with injuries of all shapes and sizes, and prides himself in giving people their “day in court.” He learned his craft from great trial lawyers around the State of Texas, and uses those experiences every day to advocate for his clients.
Travis received both his business degree and law degree down in Austin. While in undergrad, Travis was President of the Texas Cowboys, a public service student organization comprised of campus leaders from various fraternities, UT sports teams, and student government. His favorite memory from those days was getting to shoot Smokey the Cannon at home football games.
Prior to forming Patterson Law Group, Travis worked at Shannon, Gracey, Ratliff & Miller, LLP in Fort Worth and Haynes and Boone, LLP in Dallas. He also served as a visiting prosecutor in the Arlington Municipal Court. In law school, Travis clerked for the Honorable Lawrence E. Meyers, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, where he met his wife and law partner, Anna Patterson.
Travis was born and raised in Tarrant County, and is proud of his family’s service to this community. His grandfather, Harold Patterson, served as Arlington’s Mayor from 1983 to 1987 and served on Arlington’s City Council for over 20 years. His father, Mike Patterson, served on Arlington’s School Board and Planning & Zoning Commission. And his uncle, Roy English, served as Tarrant County Judge. Travis strives to use his law practice to continue his family’s commitment to our community.
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D. 2012)
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.B.A. Finance 2009, University Honors)
Honors and Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 (2017)
- Fort Worth, Texas Magazine Top Attorney, 2015 – 2016
- Texas Young Lawyers Association President’s Award of Merit, 2015
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
Involved in the Community:
- Camp Fire First Texas; Board of Directors (Present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters; Big Brother (2012 – 2015)
- Leadership Fort Worth
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association; Board of Directors (2013 – 2015)
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division; Council, District Representative, North & West Texas (2013 – 2015)
- Holy Family Catholic Church
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Arlington Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas